Business cases ensure robust analysis for informed decision making and the agreed prioritisation of expenditure. They collaborate with business and project teams, establish pragmatic approaches for specified objectives, prioritise resources and mitigate risks. They are a powerful communication tool to succinctly convey intent, scope, accountabilities and benefits.
Our approach to business case development is based on the proven Government standards. We have developed detailed guides and templates, and tailored financial analysis tools.
Our extensive experience, knowledge and continued involvement allows us to provide our clients the benefits of the latest outcomes and thinking in many key areas where we are directly engaged, such as:
· Expectations for Capital vs Recurrent spending
· Preferences and priorities of Government and Treasury
· Requisites of business case lifecycles and related obligations
· Integration with Business strategies and business-as-usual
· Building with Gateway Review and ICT Assurance Frameworks
· Benefits, types and approaches for Corporate savings
· Innovation/initiative lifecycles and stakeholder engagement
We have a team of experienced business case developers that encompass all sectors of government. Our team’s experience covers the machinery of government and managing successful projects from conceptualisation to implementation. We bring in-depth experience in developing costs, benefits and benefit realisation models, and provide decision makers the information needed to confidently instigate new projects.
We have completed literally hundreds of business cases, with the value of programs ranging up to hundreds of millions of dollars, and benefits that transform entire businesses. We retain an enviable record for successfully obtaining funding and enabling practical benefits realisation